Re: where is the blockchain for day-to-day use?

Hi Alexander,

Your overall call for participation is interesting, but the subject line
"where is the blockchain for my grandma?" was off-putting. Please don't
use "grandma" to refer to a generic non-technical user.

Regarding calls for papers or participation, it's up to the CG chairs
whether those are welcome on the CG list.

Thanks,
--Wendy

On 11/13/2017 01:25 PM, Alexander Garcia Castro wrote:
> Blockchain technology has been gaining traction. So much that now the main
> question is "where is this not applicable". There is a lot of confusion
> about the applicability of this technology; or, is it that this is a magic
> solution for every problem under the sun?
>
> There is research using this tech and there is also a lot of research
> improving this tech. We want to hear about it. Please consider submitting
> to our special issue:
>
> https://datasciencehub.net/content/special-issue-distributed-ledgers-making-data-science-more-open-transparent-and-accountable
>
> We welcome mature and ongoing work on algorithms, systems, experiments,
> benchmarks, and analyses, as well as position statements and visions of
> technology addressing, but not limited to, the following issues:
>
>    - Architectures and implementations
>    - Consensus algorithms for distributed ledgers
>    - Smart contract languages and execution algorithms
>    - Smart contract resilience and formal verification
>    - Proof-of-work, proof-of-stake and other proof mechanisms
>    - Scalability of distributed ledgers
>    - Interoperability of DL platforms, and between DLs and other data
>    management systems
>    - Public and private ledgers
>    - Algorithms and approaches to analyse DL data and transactions
>    - Digital rights management on the blockchain
>    - Distributed payment systems
>    - Applications of DLs to facilitate reproducibility, scientific data
>    reuse, and self-publishing.
>    - Applications of DLs in other domains.

Strategy Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)