Re: proposal to change mission statement

I'd like to make two suggestions.

1) The primary use case for blockchains is payments.  I propose the mission
statement include something about payments. Example:  To develop standards
around blockchain payments and integration of wallet technology into
browsers and other apps.

2) There is a lot of hype and confusion about blockchain technology.  The
very definition of blockchain is in question to many. I propose the mission
statement include something about clarifying the confusion.  Example: To
maintain a set of definitions of blockchain technologies, explore emerging
blockchain technologies and provide analysis on their utility vs existing
technologies."

I recognize that second recommendation may fall outside the traditional
role of the W3C.  However I think it's worth considering given the state of
the industry.

Wayne

[image: Tierion] <http://tierion.com/>

Wayne Vaughan / CEOwayne@tierion.com / 860.836.8633