Re: Potential work items (was: Re: Getting stuff done at W3C)

On 13 September 2016 at 19:53, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> On 09/13/2016 12:29 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:
> > This conversation is interesting, but it's out of the scope of the
> > Blockchain CG.
>
> I'll stop talking about W3C process and focus on why I sent the mail to
> the group in the first place:
>
> Having been through this multiple times as W3C, I've found this
> checklist helpful in organizing work in Community Groups:
>
> http://manu.sporny.org/2016/rebalancing/#checklist
>
> These are the potential work items I see:
>
> 1. Chainpoint
> 2. Linked Data Signatures (secp256k1 support)
> 3. Interoperable Data Model / Block Format
> 4. Basic Blockchain REST API
>
> Step #1 of the checklist is to clearly identify and articulate a problem
> statement around those 4 items (if folks agree that doing so is
> compelling). Before we do that... does this list resonate with folks? Is
> it missing something? Is there something on there that we shouldn't
> focus on?

I'd also have a look at :

https://github.com/mappum/webcoin

This is around standardizing the P2P aspect of the bitcoin network and
translating it more to a multiplexed and HTTP environment.