Re: Proposal Schedule/Agenda for Blockchain Workshop

BTW, I wanted to point out the purpose of the first two exercises each day
from facilitator recommendations that there is space early in each day to
demonstrate that the event is interactive, to allow people to begin to meet
and understand different terminologies and shared languages, and also
ensure the quieter / introverted people have some chance to speak.

There are many ways to do this — I picked two that I know have worked well
for me in recent past. But I’m open to other ideas.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Christopher Allen <
ChristopherA@blockstream.com> wrote:

> 09:15–10:15    Exercise: Collaboration Stories (3 phases: small breakout,
> merged breakout, report out “Secret Sauce”)

This exercise is small break out is 3 or 4 people, who then merge with a
larger 6 or 8 in round two, and then each group reports to all a “secret”
that they discovered about participating in collaborations or standards.
This was used at the Decentralized Web Summit last week and worked well.

> 09:00–10:00    Exercise: Passions & Commitments (Take a Panel + 2 rounds)

This exercise each person works alone to create a 11x17 page with their
passions and commitments around blockchain, then in second round shares
them with 3 or 4 people, and in the last round commonalities are shared. We
did a take-a-panel at #RebootingWebOfTrust (but instead of passions was a
2031 vision) last month and it worked well.

— Christopher Allen