Re: Keynote Speaker(s)?

Hi, Marta–

On 5/11/16 6:12 PM, Marta Piekarska wrote:
> I think the big question is what will the format be.

Agreed.

> As I was saying in my email to you, Doug, I think we will greatly
> benefit from inviting a bigger group of people and having a bigger,
> more interactive event in the style of breakout sessions and
> reporting back.

I like the idea of more attendees, perhaps 100 people; I'm working on
trying to find funding to make that possible

> If we need a person to facilitate it, I can ask someone who is very
> experianced with projects like that and should have time to come out
> to Boston - Gunner runs usually all the Tor Dev meetups.

I've attended a workshop run by Gunner. I enjoyed it, but I felt like
we'd gotten more done the at previous year's session in the series. Some
aspects of Gunner's workshop felt more like team-building exercises than
outcome-based sessions.

> Keynote speakers and such are great but will put us to sleep. We have
> waay too little time in my opinion to spend an hour listening to a
> keynote. I would love to hear what Stephan has to say, but he should
> do it during the panels and breakouts and so on. Have a good day m

Fair enough. I hadn't planned on an hour for the keynote, more like
20–30 minutes.

We'll be mixing communities at this workshop, with many people
unfamiliar with W3C, and some less familiar with blockchain, so I
thought (and think) that some shared initial context-setting would be
useful before we split out into breakouts.

By the end of the second day, I expect that many people will be a bit
worn out, so ending with some short presentations has been a good
wind-down, in my planning experience.

But I'm open to other viewpoints.

Regards–
Doug