Re: Changes to the hosted extension model Fwd: Schema.org v3.5 release candidate for review

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019, 08:10 Gray, Alasdair J G, <A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Dan
>
> Thanks for cross-posting this to the Bioschemas mailing list and keeping
> us abreast of the updates to schema.org processes.
>
> I think that the new approach will improve the understandability of the
> schema.org vocabulary and in particular its namespaces.
>
> What is not so clear is the process for getting types and properties into
> the pending area. In the Bioschemas community we have been working on types
> and properties for describing life sciences resources and are stabilising
> on a particular set of types and properties. In a few months time we hope
> to be in a position of being able to demonstrate many resources marked up
> with these types and properties as well as a range of applications
> consuming the markup. However, one difficulty that we already encounter is
> that our types and properties do not appear in the schema.org namespace.
> So how do we now go about pushing these to pending?

That's why I have been bugging you all for a proposal of what
changes/additions you actually want! Once we have that the work of adding
is a technicality. Look in the data/ext/pending/ folder for examples of
other definitions. You can either send a PR on Github or I can help. Why
don't we do that this week rather than in a few months?

Dan

thanks