Re: Bioschemas profile specification: multiple candidate terms from various ontologies

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your response, I answer in the other thread with a relevant
title.

Good point. As you suggest indeed, we would provide in the context the
terms selected for each profile, while optional mappings would be
provided within _companion files_ like the schema.org shema.rdfa that
you mention.

Regarding the syntax, I would say we can choose whatever RDF
serialization we deem most appropriate (JSON-LD, Turtle...), possibly
several. Below, I give an example context and mapping graph in JSON-LD.

Context:
{  "@context": [
"http://schema.org/",
         {  "tc": "http://rs.tdwg.org/ontology/voc/TaxonConcept#",
             "tc:rank": { "@type": "@id" } }
     ],
     "tc:rank": "http://rs.tdwg.org/ontology/voc/TaxonRank#Species"
}

Mappings:
{
   "@context": {...},
   "@graph": [
      {  "@id": "tc:rank",
         "owl:equivalentProperty":
"http://www.wikidata.org/prop/direct/P105",
         "sameAs": "https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P105"
      },
    ]
}

Note that the "profile mappings file" inherits the profile context.

Does this sound right to you guys?

Franck.