Re: Google Summer of Code

Hi Niall,

I like your suggestions and also your classification for Bioschemas
projects!

In ELIXIR we have submitted a proposal to support some Bioschemas
activities. While we got some funding to keep the community activities the
main proposal for development of tools, creating new specifications and
supporting adoption is under review. Even if it is accepted the funding is
not that much, so the GSoC will provide a good complement and increase our
community engagement. I think it is a good suggestion to focus on the tools
you classified as "data utilisation". I think at this moment we can propose
projects and later think about how to prioritise if we have to.

Thanks,
Rafa

--

*Rafael C Jimenez*
ELIXIR Chief Technical Officer

ELIXIR Hub, South Building
Wellcome Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 49 2574 <%2B44%20%280%29%201223%20492574>
E-Mail: rafael.jimenez@elixir-europe.org [image: ELIXIR]
<http://www.elixir-europe.org/>