Re: Group membership and profile contributions

HI Alasdair, Carole, Rafa.  I think that formalizing group contributions as
you propose is a good move, as a means of recognizing work and available
expertise.

However, I feel that it may put people like me, a research software
engineer who produces Bioschemas consuming components/applications, in a
less than ideal position.  I've been involved with Bioschemas for a long
time, but the cross-cutting nature of my work means that my contributions
to profiles tends to be at the general and technical level.

I know there is the validation group [1], but afaik there isn't currently a
group that covers search issues, such as recommendations for making
bioschemas markup findable (e.g. reachable through a sitemap, aggregating
markup on a single page, pushing a crawl to commoncrawl.org) or search
technology (e.g. Federico and Ricardo's crawler work, and the Buzzbang
project, components of which were used in the recent EBI Biosamples
workshop to demonstrate linking data from 2 biobanks).

So as part of a clarification of group membership, I would propose creation
of a new Technical group to encourage engagement on these topics and give
recognition to engineers working in this area. I would be happy to help
lead such a group.  Thoughts from anybody?

[1] http://bioschemas.org/groups/Validation/

--
Justin Clark-Casey, http://justincc.org
Research Software Engineer, InterMine, Cambridge