Re: Buzzbang crawler and search release 0.0.2 now available

Here's my understanding of the state of ShEx implementations:
There is an old ShEx 1 js implementation but shex.js is up to date up to
ShEx 2.0, as are the Scala and Ruby implementations.
The Java implementation is an incomplete ShEx 2.0 but INRIA's hiring an
engineer to complete it.
The python implementation is ShEx 1, but is expected to be ShEx 2.0 soon.

The Validating RDF Data book has a chapter that compares both ShEx and
SHACL which highlights some of the expressivity differences.
The clearest message is that ShEx shapes are evaluated as a whole while
SHACL shapes are evaluated as a list of property declarations.
This means that ShEx supports constructs like

(
p:P644 @<P644_genomic_start> ;
p:P645 @<P645_genomic_end> ;
)*
Which expresses the constraints of the genomic locations for a gene record.
It means that neither or both of the genomic locations must appear in the
data and that if only one of the two appears the data is deemed invalid.

my 2cts

Andra