From: Leyla Garcia <ljgarcia@ebi.ac.uk>
Sent: 26 June 2017 13:15:05
To: Carlos Horro (EI); Olga Ximena Giraldo
Cc: S-A Sansone; Enckevort, DJ van (medgen); public-bioschemas@w3.org
Subject: Re: BiologicalEntity - BiologicalType

Hi Carlos, David,

>From Olga's email, lab protocols are fine without a 'study' property or type.
@Carlos, @David. Do you still need it for your specific cases? If not, then so far there would be no need to take this discussion further. If yes, I would propose Carlos to lead a group to work on it.

Regards,

On 26/06/2017 13:04, Carlos Horro (EI) wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to mention that I'm collaborating with Elixir WP7 (plants use case), and, in this use case, we also had to coordinate/map many different models (7 if I'm not wrong) among them.

A good compromise solution we reached was to use ISA hierarchy as a reference for all of us:

http://isa-tools.org/format/specification/

Specifications | ISA tools<http://isa-tools.org/format/specification/>
isa-tools.org
The ISA Abstract Model, originally developed as a tabular format (ISA-Tab) since 2007, has been developed with several international collaborators and in synergy with ...

I think its 4 main entities (Investigation, Study, Assay and Sample) can fit quite well with most necessities, of course being aware that in each case there will be unique problems to be solved individually (ie: distinct-level entities with same name, or same-level entities with different name, and others).

Greetings,

Carlos