Re: BiologicalEntity - BiologicalType

Can I propose the term 'study' to replace 'investigation'? But still,
'study' is not a biological type but rather a 'collection' or
'aggregation' of biological types?

Kind regards,

R:)

On 22/06/2017 12:41, ljgarcia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would say "investigation" is not a biological type. You have there,
> for instance, people participating in the investigation, starting day,
> grant, and so on that just does not fit withing BiologicalEntity. Is
> there something more appropriate in schema.org?
>
> Regards,
>
> On 2017-06-21 12:00, Carlos Horro (EI) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have defined BiologicalEntity - Phenotypes use cases, and we would
>> be interested on one case about searching for an investigation (ie. by
>> its name or description) and obtaining information about it ,
>> organisations and others. For mapping this case to BioSchemas,
>> BiologicalType would have to support something like 'Investigation',
>> which it's not currently supported... would it be OK?  do I include it
>> into the biologicalType description?
>>
>> I think the question it would be similar with other use cases we need,
>> as Trials, Cultivars or Traits...
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Carlos

Rodrigo Lopez Serrano,
Head of Web Production,
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI),
European Molecular Biology Laboratory,
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
South Building,
Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD
United Kingdom
ORCID: 0000-0003-1256-7306
http://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=7fhGnVEAAAAJ&hl=en
Love data? You can now search over 1 billion biological data
records in one go using EBI Search at https://www.ebi.ac.uk