From: Leyla Garcia [ljgarcia@ebi.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:41 PM
To: public-bioschemas@w3.org; BATISTA Dominique
Subject: ShEX vs JSON schema

Dear all,

Any thoughts on using ShEX [1] or SHACL [2] rather than JSON schema [3]
for validation purposes?

You can see a ShEX examples to validate the protein profile on our
specifications repo [4]. An example in turtle is available [5] so you
can play with it [6]

@Dominique, could you please share one of the JSON schemas you are using
on your Bioschemas validator?

Regards,

[1] http://shex.io/shex-primer/index.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl/
[3] http://json-schema.org/
[4]
https://github.com/BioSchemas/specifications/blob/master/Protein/ProteinEntity-with-context.shex
(not that shex is the official extension or anything, I just needed to
distinguish it)
[5]
https://github.com/BioSchemas/specifications/blob/master/Protein/examples/ProteinEntity-with-context.n3
[6] http://rawgit.com/shexSpec/shex.js/master/doc/shex-simple.html