Re: Activity?

I haven't seen any, and there doesn't seem to have ever been any:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bibperik/

and I seem to have somehow become the only recorded participant! :grin:

https://www.w3.org/community/bibperik/participants

This group seems to be about a year old. It seems to have been started with the idea of a parameterized system of reference for its purpose. (I did not contribute to the original proposal, so this is just my interpretation of it.) The original proposal mentions a microdata format. Today, I would be inclined towards a system for _encoding_ extant, accepted systems of reference in which each unit of structure in an abstract text receives its own URI. That URI could be formed hierarchically, by first declaring some canonical text (e.g. Masoretic, Vulgate) and system of reference (e.g. Jewish parashot, etc.) and then the coordinates as appropriate. The advantage of a URI formulation is that it could be used much more generally (including in a microdata format!).

Thoughts?

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library