Re: Shared sources

I had a quick look. This is definitely a step forward simplification
for complex builds. banana-rdf should quickly benefit from that. The
real questions are 1. how practical is it to change the environments,
and 2. how good is the proposed API. I am not sure I can help much for
1 and I guess only time will tell us.

I think you could simplify the design a lot if you were using sealed
class hierarchies (sealed trait + case classes/objects) instead of
typeclasses: they don't really bring anything here and they make the
API less discoverable.

I am still trying to understand how important it is for the design,
but I am not sure that having people manipulate types makes things
easier. You could try using values instead, and your API could rely on
subtypes for things to work. Also, doing so would allow us to pass
informations from the outside e.g. environment variables.

Final remark (for now :-): you could use longer names for your things.
For example: X-->Cross, S-->Single, etc.

Alexandre