Re: A parable about RFC 3986.

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:06:27 +0000
To: Jonathan A Rees <rees@mumble.net>
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, public-awwsw@w3.org
Jonathan A Rees writes:

>> Fiat ASPECT seems like a new idea. You need to elucidate this
>> more. If I am non-fiat but have fiat aspects, does this mean there
>> is another thing, a fiat-thing corresponding to me in some way?
>> What way?
>
> I'm not sure, I'm just trying to make sense of linked data. I think
> that when they say "person" they really mean "fiat person" which is a
> formal construct consisting of an ordered pair of a person and a
> formal-REST mapping, where properties of the person leak through to
> the pair (i.e. the fiat person has the same name, address, phone
> number etc. as the person).

So here you come close to my question about _Moby Dick_ -- in the case
of generic resources, the fiat resource as you've defined it comes
much _closer_ to the 'real' resource, but it's still not the same, I
don't think.  If I'm right position C has more in common with position
B than you seem to think it does. . .

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk