Extra AWWSW Telecon Tuesday 2011-03-22

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:13:07 -0400
To: AWWSW TF <public-awwsw@w3.org>
On last Tuesday's call there was general interest in having an extra
call on the 22nd. I've obtained a Zakim slot, so we're all set.

The task is to continue going over the issue-57 document; I will
freeze a version later today, but in the meantime you should look at
the volatile http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/issue57/latest/ .

I've added text to the introduction explaining the problem of
reference as it applies to this document. I've also started on the
comparison matrix for the 'summary' section.

I'd like advice on terminology choices, e.g. 'information resource'
vs. 'metadata subject'.

I think the weakest part is probably the presentation of the
read-the-content (200) proposals including chimera, no automatic URIs
for metadata subjects, and rule to distinguish the two cases. I'll be
thinking about how to rhetorically untangle these, and I hope you will
too. If we can't come up with some sensible rule, I think we should
leave it vague and open ended and ask others to provide suggestions.
After all this document is meant to *start* a conversation, not end
one.

I think more examples would be good too and am happy to receive suggestions.

Jonathan