Re: Semantic web architectural requirement [was Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle]

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 6:42 PM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:
>  Even though this group does not have the
> authority to issue W3C Recommendations, we certainly can usefully
> elucidate the issues and make recommendations (with lower case "r") to
> other groups that do have such authority.

Actually we've been warned against doing anything normative
(prescriptive) in this group, and I think the concern is justified.
Any work whose purpose is to create new consensus agreements
(recommendations, standards) should either go through W3C process, or
stay out of W3C. One possible venue for such work is a Community
Group. http://www.w3.org/2010/12/community/summary

Jonathan