Re: draft: Requirements for Any Theory of 'Information Resource'

Jonathan Rees wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/2011/axioms-2011-02.html
>
> This expands on the 'predictive metadata' thing I wrote.

good write up

"bound to" is very weak imho, I'd swap it read:

   (def) An 'information resource' is 'identified by' a URI iff every
   simple IR that is 'relevant to' the URI 'is a reading of' the
   information resource.

the following axiom appears to be wrong, "for any set of", any set?

   For any set of 'simple IRs' there exists an IR that has all of the
   simple IRs as readings.

and perhaps it would be worth swapping 'RDF graph' to 'RDF Statement' in
the final axiom.

finally, and apologies for this, but the set of axioms you've got there
seems to perfectly fit FTP (they've actually helped me considerably to
see that this view, the IR and httpRange-14 view of the web, sees it as
being web of files/documents relating to exactly the way it was
predominantly used back when it was all static docs that were ftp'd to
servers - makes sense).

Best,

Nathan