Re: FRBR and the Web

On Feb 14, 2011, at 9:33 AM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 20:31 -0500, Jonathan Rees wrote:
>> FYA, I wrote up some of my thoughts on how FRBR relates to the web and
>> to webarch.
>>
>> http://odontomachus.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/frbr-and-the-web/
>
> That write-up feels like it is going down the path of attempting to
> discover the natural laws that govern what is and what is not an
> InformationResource.  Personally, I don't think that path is going to
> work very well, because to my mind an InformationResource is merely a
> *role* in the web architecture:

Please give a definition of *role*.
Or explain how this strategy doesn't simply shift the explanatory burden from one poorly defined term to another.

It's worth noting that JAR's article doesn't attempt to define IRs in general - instead showing how some IRs might be understood within that framework.

Best, Alan