Re: another crack at 'information resource'

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:32:45 +0000
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Cc: AWWSW TF <public-awwsw@w3.org>
Rather than fail again at explaining, let me ask you a
question: Can you explain (or not) the statement

<http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/> dc:title "Style Guide for online hypertext".

That is:
Does or should it say anything about the web, either past or future? If so what?
What circumstances might make such a statement false?
Is writing such a statement a good or bad idea?
In what situations might it be misunderstood?
Why would substituting a different string be unhelpful? Would doing so
be 'wrong'?

I'm most interested in answers that do not contain the word "if".

Just to save a step here, if you answer unhelpfully then I will
counter by asking
you to come up with your own example: A useful RDF statement
in which subject or object is a URI for which a GET
yields a 200 response. Then the same questions about that.
Surely there is such a statement in some RDF or OWL that you're
involved with.