when is x a webarch-representation of y?

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:27:54 -0400
To: AWWSW TF <public-awwsw@w3.org>
I collected my thoughts on this question and put them here:

http://esw.w3.org/Awwsw200OkResources

So far I think this supports Alan R's approach, which is that
'information resource' is not a natural category and someone just
needs to say what the has-webarch-representation relation is, not in
general but on a case-by-case basis.

Asking "when is x a webarch-representation of y?" is more productive
than asking "what is an information resource", as e.g. it surfaces the
idea that a description of a document is not a webarch-representation
of the document (unless it is pathologically self-describing),
something that httpRange-14 does not explain.

But as far as I can tell so far, ad hoc, type specific assumptions
have to be made in order to answer the question. Still hoping I'm
wrong.

Jonathan