new httpbis drafts (version 8) published on 10/26

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:02:31 -0500
To: AWWSW TF <public-awwsw@w3.org>
See for example
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-08#section-2.6.1,
which is a pretty thorough rewrite of the http URI scheme
registration. I suspect we have Roy to thank for this.

We've been waiting for these drafts for quite a while; I haven't been
monitoring this list as closely as I ought to and didn't see the
announcement.

I haven't checked what they ended up saying about GET/303.

We really need to follow httpbis since that's the document we'll need
to be consistent with, not the original 2616.

The section on the http: scheme is inconsistent on what the URI is
supposed to identify. I will send a comment to the list asking for a
correction.