Re: Are generic resources intentional?

Hi Pat,

I don't see how switching from intent to artifact helps anything,
rather the opposite in my experience. First, "agency" seems to me to
be something equally of the mind, and second all practical efforts
that I've made in conjunction with OBI (Ontology of Biomedical
Investigation) haven't panned out.

I think in the end we are going to have a mind involved and if we are
we might as well deal with the source then trying to track down the
effects without reference to the locus. Seems like in practice that
there are going to be fewer things that are difficult to define in the
the end if we bite the bullet on "intent" being difficult to define,
accept it as a primitive for now, and work forward.

However, I will admit to not being a trained philosopher, and if you
think that there is a good document that makes it clear what artifact
and agency are, then I'm game for a read.

That said, I will respond to the substance of Jonathan's message in a
separate email.

Best,
Alan