Re: Learning from other disciplines?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 22:14:31 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
CC: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, AWWSW TF <public-awwsw@w3.org>
On 2/3/09 07:23, Pat Hayes wrote:
> And one of the best ways to get some experience is for as many people as
> possible to be trying to model things in as many ways as possible, and
> we will all see which ways work well and which ways don't. Which is
> exactly what people developing SWeb applications using RDF are trying to
> do. No doubt many of these will be flops, because of poor modeling
> decisions. But I want to /discover/ what works and what doesn't, rather
> than try to influence or, God forbid, legislate by fiat what I or anyone
> else thinks are "good" modeling styles. None of us know yet what is good
> and what isn't. The formalisms continue to surprise us.

Can you say a little more about how you see this working? How would we
recognise if things were "working well" or not? What was flopping?

cheers,

Dan