RE: Are generic resources intentional?

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 11:02 +0000, Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)
wrote:
[ . . . ]
> Ok... you've reminded of a message from Joshua Allen early in the life
> of the TAG which introduces the notion of resources as
> (wa-)representation o hypertext *dispensers*
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0302.html

Interesting post!  I don't agree with all of his points, but his
characterization of a web resource as a representation *dispenser* is
very nice:
[[
An http: identifier in practice simply locates a "representation
dispenser for a resource".  The identity of the resource for which it
dispenses representations is immaterial, and a red herring in this
discussion.  That is because the http: identifier itself simply
identifies the *dispenser*.
]]

--