diagram reflecting yesterday's discussion

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:03:21 -0400
To: AWWSW TF <public-awwsw@w3.org>
Here's my diagram #5.

Changes from #4 include:
- Addition of a new spoke, REST, reflecting my informal understanding
of REST (resource, state, representation) rather than the formal model
in the paper. I understand a REST resource to be a potentially mutable
data structure (including mutable documents and databases)
- Addition of a new spoke for AWWW "information resource", with boxes
for 'essential characteristic' and 'message'  (resource has
characteristic, characteristic can be essential or nonessential
characteristic of that resource, characteristic can be conveyable or
not conveyable in a message... don't worry, I don't take any of this
- Addition of HTTP message and its subclasses HTTP request and HTTP
- HTTP 200 response is a subclass of HTTP response
- Addition of HTTP resource, a superclass of 'network data object' and
'network service' (taking RFC 2616 literally)
- REST 'representation' = AWWW 'representation' is a superclass of
HTTP entity
- 'Information thing time varying' renamed to 'generic resource'
- 'version' is a subclass of 'generic resource' per genont
- 'fixed resource' is a subclass of 'version' and is in 1-1
correspondence with 'representation'
- I added an HTTP client to see what it would look like. I think it's
just clutter at this point.

I've collected the whole series onto a wiki page:

Enjoy... intended to be provocative... comments/questions welcome