Re: Next AWWSW telecon Tue 4/14

Jonathan,

> If Michael is present: report on what Michael has done

Yes, Michael will be present ;)

Additionally I've got a new proposal [1], based on our early discussion re
IR/NIR:

As we seem to agree the term non-information resource is (at best)
misleading and only relevant for certain applications (such as found in the
Web of Data realm). Still, we might want to be able to differentiate between
'things available on the Web' and 'things, be it abstract things like
concepts or real-world objects, which are *not* available directly on the
Web, but only descriptions of them exist (that are accessible via the Web)'.

Well, here is my proposal: as depicted in [1], let us define 'resource', and
a sub-set of it, called 'dereferencable resource' where the former covers
everything one could imagine and the latter is the base for all generic,
FTRR, REST, etc. resources. This would enable us to talk about resources in
general (that is in applications that don't have to or don't want to care
about the difference) and point out the difference in cases where this is
important (aka Web of Data).

Forgive me in case I'm rehashing old/already existing proposals - this is
likely not due to my ignorance. Happy to learn if others had thoughts in the
same direction.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/AwwswVocabularyDependencies#proposals

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,