RE: statements about resources vs. representations

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 01:31:25 +0000
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
CC: "public-awwsw@w3.org" <public-awwsw@w3.org>

> From: Pat Hayes
> [ . . . ]
> OK, but Im still puzzled. What *kind* of thing is R supposed to be?
> Take several cases.
>
> (1) R is an actual book, a physical thing I found in a second-hand
> bookstore. My question for this case is, how did this R get to have a
> URI? And even if it did, how did you find out what that URI was? Put
> another way, what establishes the relationship between R and U?

Its URI declaration, of course.  :)
http://www.dbooth.org/2007/uri-decl/

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Statements made herein represent the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the official views of HP unless explicitly so stated.