RE: Use cases from Jonathan

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:51:30 +0000
To: "noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com" <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
CC: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, "public-awwsw@w3.org" <public-awwsw@w3.org>

> From: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com [mailto:noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com]
>
> David Booth writes:
>
> > We know that conneg is for conveying subsets of the same information
>
> I think I'm right that one common use case is for different natural
> language renderings of the "same" abstract document, e.g.
> Greek, Chinese,
> French and English versions of the same press release.  I'm
> not sure that
> calling those "subsets of the same information" quite captures this
> particular use case.

Yes, I specifically meant to include that case.  I meant "subsets of the same information" as described more precisely here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Apr/0169.html

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.