Re: Example for consideration: Resource versus Representation

At 10:41 AM -0500 1/23/08, Jonathan Rees wrote:
>I think our conversation yesterday got derailed a bit because we
>started using the term "resource" without having first agreed on how
>we wanted to use it.  The confusion reflects the underlying cultural
>gulf that this group needs to bridge - one might call it "knowledge
>engineering meets web architecture".

Worse: semiotics meets web architecture.

>Let's focus on trying to draw out Noah (and Tim) on the negative
>assertion "a representation is not a Kwyjibo". Negative statements,
>or conditions of potential inconsistency, are always much more
>interesting and informative than positive ones. We just have to
>figure out what the class Kwyjibo

Im even more sorry I missed this call. Is that pronounced
"kwee-jib-oh" or "kwye-jee-boh"?

Pat
IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell