RE: Inference rules for HTTP, etc.

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 06:53:37 +0000
To: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
CC: "public-awwsw@w3.org" <public-awwsw@w3.org>

Regarding rules at
http://esw.w3.org/topic/AwwswDboothsRules

> From: Jonathan Rees [mailto:jar@creativecommons.org]
> [ . . . ]
> Fortunately you never use awww:Resource, so it would be safe
> to just remove it from rules.n3.

Good point.  I've deleted it.  I was implicitly using rdfs:Resource anyway.

> I see that your rules imply that 200-responders aren't
> physical things, which is good. The only consequence of
> something being an awww:InformationResource is that it is
> abstract, however. It might be nice to be able to deduce that
> 200-responders are not other kinds of abstract things such as
> numbers or representations (as Tim has repeatedly asserted).

Hmm, I guess we'll need some classes of those other things in order to do that.  What would you suggest?

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.