Re: [Minutes] Auto BG 2017-09-12

On Tue, 2017-09-12 at 12:44 -0400, Ted Guild wrote:
> Today's minutes are available online
>
> https://www.w3.org/2017/09/12-auto-minutes

Thanks for providing the minutes, Ted.

I think I was misquoted here though:  (I know it was hard to hear)

> Gunnar: if a specification has features beyond what is needed, that might
be an indication it is not the best match

I was rather making the opposite point - that you can probably simply use a
subset of the features, and the existence of additional features should
*not* offhand be used as an indication of it not being a good match.
I did note that it of course needs to be investigated if the existence of
additional features has a negative impact (performance, overhead or
complexity, ...), but I don't think that is always the case.

In the case of WAMP [1], there is no doubt in my mind that also having some
powerful features (such as routed RPC) available when you need them is
beneficial in a full system design that takes into account not only the Web
side of things, but other parts too.

This is also perhaps a bit misleading:

> Gunnar: we have been making some big changes on LBS on our side

To be clear, no major changes to the LBS APIs.  I only gave a heads-up that
in this area you can expect additional supporting technology for those APIs
to come soon.

Hope this helps,

- Gunnar

[1] http://wamp-proto.org/