Re: Short Introduction

Hi Gunnar,

> But that's assuming that the REST architecture pattern fits into an
> automotive environment...
> ;-)   I'm just kidding - it's a good thesis subject, I'm sure.

I hope so. :D

> So you used the use-cases but not the GENIVI LBS APIs?  It seems an
> unnecessary reinvention to not reuse the names of properties and such that
> many others are used to?  Also if you did, it would be easier to draw the
> interesting thesis conclusions in my opinion (see below).

Actually I used the terms described in the single descriptions of the use
cases
and the names of the functions mentioned in the right column of
https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/NAV/IVI+NavigationW3CUseCasesAndGENIVIAPIs
But I am open for any suggestions concerning the naming of the properties.

> What were the assumptions going into your project that made you do it that
> way?

I wanted to create micro services that are "as restful as" possible. I
tried to include
concepts like separation of concerns etc. My proposal is just a first draft
so as
I sad I'm open for any suggestions.

> This is good and similar to what GENIVI has been looking at in this area
> too.  Essentially we are interested in investigating the result of taking
> comprehensive LBS API that has been published, most of which are of
Remote-
> Procedure-Call + Signal type...

I think you're talking about the xml api specification of the GENIVI API
which
you want to use for api generation. (did I get this right) To be honest: I
did not
examined the xml yet.

Kind regards,

Jonas