W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-autowebplatform@w3.org > July 2016

[auto-bg] minutes - 12 July 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 01:19:26 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Wtm4VF6VA0EtNnDaU0yLdCejArARBLN=-ZmzG+rSqaXw@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-autowebplatform@w3.org" <public-autowebplatform@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/07/12-auto-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                     Automotive and Web Platform BG

12 Jul 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-autowebplatform/2016Jul/0001.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/07/12-auto-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Wonsuk, Qing_An, Philippe_Robin, Kaz

   Regrets
          Ted

   Chair
          Wonsuk, Qing_An

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Media tuner
         2. [6]LBS
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Media tuner

   wonsuk: Ryan is not here

   kaz: Ryan and myself attended the TV Control WG call
   ... we need to input our ideas to the WG, e.g., by putting our
   use case to their wiki

   wonsuk: Ryan put some link on the use case on the Google Drive
   ... we need to add some concrete description to the TV Control
   side

   kaz: yes
   ... and we need some more volunteers from the BG for the Media
   Tuner work

   wonsuk: ok
   ... I can take an action item to get volunteers

   <scribe> ACTION: wonsuk to send a reminder to the BG about the
   Media Tuner work [recorded in
   [9]http://www.w3.org/2016/07/12-auto-minutes.html#action01]

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2016/07/12-auto-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - Send a reminder to the bg about
   the media tuner work [on WonSuk Lee - due 2016-07-19].

   wonsuk: do we need to add additional use cases to the TV
   Control discussion?

   kaz: good question

   wonsuk: how about our adding even more use cases to our media
   tuner proposals?

   kaz: right
   ... would be great to have additional use cases
   ... also great to have more participants in the media tuner tf

   wonsuk: ok
   ... any other comments?

   (none)

LBS

   qingan: last week we had some discussion about the data format
   ... and I provided some example format

   <QingAn>
   [10]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/blob/gh-pages/location_ba
   sed_service/AMap%20API/poi-api-and-data-format-example-webidl.m
   d

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/blob/gh-pages/location_based_service/AMap
API/poi-api-and-data-format-example-webidl.md

   qingan: Philippe Colliot also provided some example from the
   GENIVI viewpoint
   ... planning to have more discussion in August
   ... to have detailed discussion during TPAC in September

   wonsuk: good

   qingan: have problem similar to the one of the media tuner tf
   ... need more active participants

   wonsuk: ok
   ... how about sending a message out to the BG to introduce the
   LBS work?

   qingan: can send a message for that purpose
   ... including brief summary of our work so far
   ... maybe some participants have similar experience
   ... would like to see the overlap

   wonsuk: during the previous meeting Philippe Colliot mentioned
   some of the stakeholders like TomTom and Delphi have joined
   GENIVI
   ... they should be involved in our work as well
   ... Qing An, could you please check their intention with
   Philippe Colliot?

   <QingAn> yes

   wonsuk: great

   <QingAn> * lost connection...trying to reconnect

   wonsuk: any other issues?

   <wonsuk>
   [11]https://www.w3.org/community/autowebplatform/wiki/Main_Page
   /LBSScopeAndRoadmap

     [11] https://www.w3.org/community/autowebplatform/wiki/Main_Page/LBSScopeAndRoadmap

   kaz: update the wiki page?
   [12]https://www.w3.org/community/autowebplatform/wiki/Main_Page

     [12] https://www.w3.org/community/autowebplatform/wiki/Main_Page

   wonsuk: there is a new wiki page

   philippe: there will be GENIVI all member meeting on 18-24
   October in San Fransisco
   ... anybody interested in the event?

   wonsuk: there are two regular meeting of GENIVI every year
   ... we'll have TPAC 2016 in Lisbon in September
   ... would be great to have a meeting collocated with the GENIVI
   meeting, though

   philippe: don't have to have a collocated meeting
   ... but if you're interested in making presentation during the
   GENIVI meeting, please let me know
   ... maybe Paul can make it

   wonsuk: ok

   (Philippe leaves)

   kaz: maybe we should send a reminder of call for participation
   for the LBS TF

   wonsuk: that should be sent by Qing An
   ... I'll send the one for the Media Tuenr TF
   ... another question is a possible collocated meeting

   kaz: maybe we should ask Paul and Ted to make some report?
   ... and get their opinions

   wonsuk: right
   ... but probably we should do that

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: wonsuk to send a reminder to the BG about the
   Media Tuner work [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2016/07/12-auto-minutes.html#action01]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2016/07/12-auto-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([15]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/07/12 16:18:52 $

     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Auto, WoT, TV, MMI and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Tuesday, 12 July 2016 16:20:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 12 July 2016 16:20:48 UTC