Re: Running status and Climate type merge

From: Rees, Kevron <kevron.m.rees@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:59:11 -0800
To: 박종선(Justin Park) <jongseon.park@lge.com>
Cc: "public-autowebplatform@w3.org" <public-autowebplatform@w3.org>
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:50 AM, 박종선(Justin Park) <jongseon.park@lge.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevron,
>
> Two links below have some differences.
> https://rawgithub.com/tripzero/automotive-bg/master/vehicle_spec.html
> It seems to applied my patch.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/automotive-bg/pull/8
> But, it's the previous one you suggested before.
>
> I updated the original one to apply Paul's and your opinions,
> but didn't reflect changing SideWindow to Window by including defrost.
> It's hard to say which one is correct or wrong, but it looks natural to
> bind defrost equipment together including side mirrors,
> and to bind side windows for openness.
> It's close to group interfaces based on functions rather than objects.
> My automotive experience may make me biased toward this.

I'm okay with different functional interfaces if the group is.  My new
merge request has your more pristine version.  Although, I may have
messed up ClimateControl.  Please look to make sure it is correct.

> In addition, how about grouping the interfaces into several groups as we
> divided the works.

Do you mean keep them as separate documents?  Or just sections within
the main spec itself?

> If we merged all the interfaces, the document will be quite long and many
> interfaces will be located on the same level.
> Although the grouping itself don't have any meaning, it could make it easy
> to see the document and look more organized.

Do you mean something like this:

https://github.com/tripzero/automotive-bg/blob/master/vehicle_spec.html#L190

BR,
Kevron