Re: Vehicle Availability RFC

Hey Kevron,
Just so I understand this properly: if the API returns “security” then this means “not supported because the OEM thinks this feature is a security risk and it isn’t implemented” and not “not supported because your application does not have adequate security credentials”. If the first is what you intend, could I recommend still prefixing the security, policy and other enums with “not_supported”?

Would it be better to have the availability return a boolean and provide an optional way to get the rationale? It seems that it would make the use of the API a lot easier for the developer, since there may be quite a few availability tests required. If we make them all test === “available”, a simple typo could silently break the code.

—Andy

Andy Gryc | Co-founder
M: +1 613.618.8730 | E: andy@cx3marketing.com
W: www.cx3marketing.com