From: <Rees>, Kevron <kevron.m.rees@intel.com<mailto:kevron.m.rees@intel.com>>
Date: Tuesday, 7 May, 2013 3:30 PM
To: "public-autowebplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-autowebplatform@w3.org>" <public-autowebplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-autowebplatform@w3.org>>
Subject: Specification starting point.

Hi all,

In effort to reach our goal of having a draft specification published by December, it would make sense to start right away.  We could take a template from another W3C specification and with some work turn it into our specification for vehicle data.  However, I think it would be appropriate to start from something that is already related to vehicle data.  Specifically the Tizen Web API specification.  For one, it's already in W3C acceptable format.  Secondly, it probably contains more than we'd like to start with and removing is always easier than adding.  Lastly, the source for the specification is already public and using git so collaboration can happen immediately.

So I propose that we start with the Tizen Web API specification with a few modifications:

1) Start with only a "get" interfaces.  Remove the "set" and "getHistory" methods for now.

2) Reduce the data to an agreeable level.

3) Add data types as deficiencies are discovered.

For reference:
http://otcshare.github.io/automotive-message-broker/docs/vehicle_spec.html

cheers,
-Kevron