Re: Consent support in VISSv2

Ok, got it.
Thanks!
/pw

From: Andre.Wendel@bmw.de <Andre.Wendel@bmw.de>
Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 at 9:50 AM
To: Winzell, Peter <peter.winzell@volvocars.com>, ubjorken@ford.com <ubjorken@ford.com>, public-automotive@w3.org <public-automotive@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Consent support in VISSv2
The Client would by something like an App-ID, the consent needs to be bind with the ClientID and the user; within the oAuth-Process you have the ClientID as technical identifier for the app within the token request process; Often the ClientID/Secret is used to have a base security, so that not everyone access tokens (in general the secret is mostly build inside the code and can be recompiled);

Within the token request process you have normally both information the ClientID of the App and the user ID; The auth server or anything else can then store the consent based on the ClientID and user information; In this case it would make sense that the auth sever in combination with a consent system is doing this based on the available purposes;

Every ClientID could be linked with purposes, so that it is clear during the login process for the token, which rights the user grants;

Cheers,
André