Re: Comparison of compression algorithms

Ok got it I misunderstood.  I am involved in a data collection project where we currently "push" data using MQTT as transport. The Gen2 implementation in this case would be solely cloud based on top of that data - not interfacing directly with the vehicle(is this something that a developer needs to be concerned with, yes maybe in the context of real-time properties or maybe not). So, that confirms somewhat what MagnusF is saying. It is more practical to push data as Magnus mentioned "(vehicle not running or otherwise offline/out of cell network reception, security concerns), ".

Another discussion is where and when the gen2 implementation could be used in-vehicle. For Volvo having Android as current infotainment platform it does not make much sense to have a gen2 implementation for infotainment-based apps, since Android have APIS to access vehicle signals that cover many use cases. Having said, that there are other nodes in the vehicle network where the gen2 could potentially being used, as we have done in the past (VISS).

Br
Peter Winzell