RE: [Minutes] Auto WG 2018-09-18

Hi,

Thanks for the interesting WG meeting yesterday.

The discussion touched upon the usage of this API by on- and off-board clients, and the differences both in client usage, and in latency, reliability, security, etc. from the different environments.
I agree with what was being said in the meeting.

My view is that if we can develop an API that can be used in both of these client scenarios, as a component in a framework that tries to mitigate the different problems in the two scenarios, then we have succeeded.

I think that the API to be that we are discussing basically meets this requirement.

If there is any point worrying me it would be on security, then particularly when used by off-board clients. We currently specify Oauth 2.0, and particularly JWT usage, which I think is fine.
But maybe we should support one option providing an inherently higher security level?

BR
Ulf

Ulf Björkengren Ph. D.
Connectivity Strategist