Re: wwwivi (was Re: WG call 2017-09-05)

Hi Ted,

Thanks very much for raising this within W3C - one other salient point that
I've added on a different thread, is that suggest that we need to be able
to support more than one VIS Server implementation on the same local
vehicle network.

For example, what if cluster team decided to use a VIS Server to manage
access to  CAN data mainly for clients running on cluster, but also wants
to support making data available to the odd client running somewhere else
on the local vehicle network. Then, what if Infotainment System designers
also did the same thing - added VIS Server mainly to support infotainment
but also to support clients elsewhere on vehicle network.

Thanks and regards,

Kev

*Kevin Gavigan BSc, MSc, PhD, MCP, MCTS*
*Software Architect*
*Connected Infotainment*
*Electrical, Electronic and Software Engineering (EESE)*
Jaguar Land Rover

*Mobile: 07990 084866*
*Email:* kgavigan@jaguarlandrover.com

*Office address:*
GO03/057 • Building 523, Gaydon • Maildrop: (G03)
Jaguar Land Rover • Banbury Road • Gaydon • Warwick • CV35 0RR