Re: Request to make the issue list for VISS

Hi Gunnar,

Thanks very much for asking re. this issue.

The issue that the wwwivi name was trying to address was to provide a
standarized local endpoint name on the vehicle that would be the same
regardless of vehicle manufacturer.

This would mean that client Apps could be downloaded to vehicles created by
different manufacturers and connect to the VIS Server on those vehicles
without additional configuration being required.

We were trying to avoid adding a dependency on a discovery service. We
could avoid the issue, by stating that the implementer of the server will
document how to connect to it.

As a group, we are keen to resolve this issue in the best way we can, so
will be grateful for your input.

Thanks and regards,

Kev

*Kevin Gavigan BSc, MSc, PhD, MCP, MCTS*
*Software Architect*
*Connected Infotainment*
*Electrical, Electronic and Software Engineering (EESE)*
Jaguar Land Rover

*Mobile: 07990 084866*
*Email:* kgavigan@jaguarlandrover.com

*Office address:*
GO03/057 • Building 523, Gaydon • Maildrop: (G03)
Jaguar Land Rover • Banbury Road • Gaydon • Warwick • CV35 0RR