Re: Remainder of the year (was Re: Proposed call schedule change)

On Mon, 2017-12-04 at 14:01 +0000, Gavigan, Kevin wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>
> >> .It would be nice to wrap up the outstanding issue for VISS by
> email.
>
> Following the discussions with the TAG Group etc. is there a
> preferred form of words e.g. a paragraph that captures the consensus
> well.

We didn't come up with explicit wording but I tried to come up with the
start of phrasing in the minutes directly as I cleaned them up.

[OEM can even ship the static conf for a given vehicle as part of an
app package manifest]

[vehicle should handle discovery but may ship or handle via
implementation specific (or discovered on app install) configuration]

https://www.w3.org/2017/11/06-auto-minutes.html#item05

You suggestion works, here is a tweak using should and may with wwwivi
as example so it can stay in the rest of the spec.

Implementations that support additional devices or multiple services
should provide discovery [through mDNS]. Alternatively location of VIS
Server instance on the local vehicle network may be handled by
configuration, either as part of a package manifest or by consulting a
registry on application install. The wwwivi hostname in this
specification is used an example.

I'm inclined not to specify mDNS and leave discovery vague for now
which is why I put that in []. We can refine it with examples later,
especially if we get experience with it.

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Systems Team