Re: Vehicle Signal Specification

On Fri, 2016-05-20 at 12:55 +0000, Volker Fricke wrote:
> Hi Rudolf and all,
>
> I like the concept of deriving the vehicle signals from GENVI VSS
> towards W3C auto runtime.
>
> I guess from W3C perspective collaboration with GENVI is quite
> important for this close integration within the vehicle. But I guess
> we should also promote the W3C auto runtime to other in-vehicle
> platforms, like QNX and others, right?

Hi Volker,

I very much agree.  While we have great interactions with Genivi, in
order for standards to be successful they need broader perspective.

QNX was engaged quite some time ago but has since fallen off and may
still lurk and monitor these discussions.  Last I spoke with them they
were a mix of HTML5 and QT, partially implementing our earlier work.
Now that we are switching to a service approach I will reach out to
them again as it is beneficial to both front end platforms.

A few of us had a call with Auto Grade Linux earlier this week about
getting more involved in W3C, VSS and their start of an effort around
web sockets/service.  It went favorably and hopefully will progress
further.

If anyone has contacts with those involved in other platforms we should
be trying to engage, please introduce me to them.

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Systems Team