From: Paul Boyes [mailto:pb@opencar.com]
Sent: den 9 februari 2016 05:19
To: Adam Abramski; Dave Jensen; Kazuyuki Ashimura; Natasha Rooney; ted@w3.org; Crofts, Adam; Tobie Langel; Jeff Payne; 刘大鹏(鹏成); Adolph, Martin; Gavigan, Kevin; Shinjiro Urata; public-automotive@w3.org; kevron.m.rees@intel.com; Peter Winzell
Subject: Issue 72 - Getting Closure

Here is my quick attempt at summary of many of the issues raised in Issue 72:

Main Issue:

  *   DOM Events as opposed to or in addition to  subscriptions
  *   ondata versus subscribe
  *   on change versus subscribe

AdamC’s Summary of Main Issue:

  *   Dedicated handlers for each property

     *   vehicle.trip.onaveragespeedchange
·

     *   I don’t believe this will work in the case of setting a specific signal. You would have to have separate attribute for set and onchange which would get confusing.

  *   Generic observers

     *   vehicle.trip.averageSpeed.onchange
·

     *   May create lots of edge cases

  *   Specific observers

     *   vehicle.trip.averageSpeed.onaveragespeedchange
·

     *   Dramatically increase the quantity of APIs on vehicle

  *   Existing pub sub

     *   Not considered web friendly
·

     *   Inconsistent with other web technologies
Urata-sans Summary with Pros and Cons:
https://github.com/w3c/automotive/wiki

Ancillary Issues:

  *   complexity of zone
  *   suffixing interfaces
  *   Vehicle versus Sensors
  *   Web socket or REST calls to expose vehicle data
  *   Units

Talk with you all tomorrow.

Paul J. Boyes
Mobile:   206-276-9675