Re: [Minutes Auto WG 2015-09-15 and sensor follow up

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015, at 15:45, Ted Guild wrote:
> The minutes from the WG call earlier this week are available.
>
> http://www.w3.org/2015/09/15-auto-minutes
>
> I followed up with Dom wondering if Device APIs (DAP) WG was exploring
> device/sensor capability discovery that might help address the multitude
> of possibilities and unknowns beyond our zone description.  There have
> been some discussions, they are also expecting WoT WG to be exploring
> this.
>
> DAP will not be at TPAC but both Dom and Tobie will so perhaps we can
> further this in person with them then.

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest in the Generic Sensor API. I've been following
the work of the Automotive WG from a distance and the Generic Sensor API
should be a great fit for a lot of your use cases.

The goal of the Generic Sensor API is to promote consistency across
sensor APIs and increase the pace at which they can be exposed to the
Web by simplifying both the specification and implementation processes.

The plan is for the spec[1] to offer both a set of abstract classes to
extend and concrete guidance on how to do so. It will be released as a
FPWG along with a use case document[2] in time for TPAC.

I will indeed be at TPAC. We have a breakout session planned[3] and will
hold an ad-hoc meeting on the Tuesday[4]. You're welcomed to join both.
Please bring concrete examples and use cases with you so we can make
sure the current design of the API really fits your requirements and
have a feel for what those APIs would look like in your vertical.

Looking forward to meet you there.

Best,

--tobie

---