RE: Yet another standard for vehicle sensor data

Philipp,

Philipp Hoschka wrote on 2015-11-02:
> The specification being worked on seems to be here
> https://lts.cms.here.com/static-cloud-
> content/Company_Site/2015_06/Vehicle_Sensor_Data_Cloud_Ingestion_Interfa
> ce_Specification.pdf
>
> Interesting work and we should definitely reach out - having said that,
> at list after a quick look, work seems somewhat orthogonal to API spec
> since it's about communication between the vehicle and the "cloud"
> ("analytic processing backend")
>
> Quoting from "General Considerations"
>
> Vehicles driving on the road are equipped with a magnitude of sensors.
> These Sensor Data may be transferred over any kind of technology from
> the vehicle to an Analytic Processing Backend. Between individual
> vehicles and the Analytic Processing Backend, an OEM-, or System
> Vendor- Backend may be located as a proxy. The Sensor Data Interface
> Specification defines the content of Sensor Data Messages and their
> encoding format as they are submitted to the Analytic Processing
> Backend. However, the specification 	may be used between other
> components as well. Sensor Data are submitted as messages with various
> type of content.

Here's specification does add a different dimension.  However, the section 2 includes also definitions of various vehicle attributes.  For example, the section 2.7.3 Light State of the document cited above overlaps in its scope with the section 6.12 LightStatus Interface [1] of the Vehicle Data.  Both define different types of exterior lighting (e.g., fog, hazard, high beam, etc.), but do this in slightly different ways.  Where the W3C draft only defines 'fog' attribute, Here's document defines 'FOGLAMP_FRONT' and 'FOGLAMP_REAR'.

Regards,
--Pavel Konopelko

[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/automotive/data_spec.html#lightstatus-interface