Re: Acceptable ALT TEXT test in FAILURE technique: F65

Hi Katie, Hi All,

thank you for this interesting input, as it answers the question, if
providing aria-label or aria-labelledby is sufficient, which i faced in
SC1-1-1-img-empty-alt
<https://www.w3.org/community/auto-wcag/wiki/SC1-1-1-img-empty-alt>. So
I will add the step for checking the title attribute.
But Wilco is right, we should (at the moment) use a baseline version of
WCAG, to not get in danger of being outdated.

According to Level of Assistive Technology Support Needed for
"Accessibility Support"
<http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/conformance.html#uc-support-level-head>
it's hard to determine that this techniques are accessibility supported
and a colleague said that most screen reader-users switch off reading of
titles. How should we handle this? Add a comment to the assumptions,
that this should be supported by mainstream AT or is reliable data
available to provide a clear result.

Best from Wetter
Frank

--