Re: SC 1.1.1 Text Alternative Computation

Hi Katie,

I'm aware of that fact and still see the problem to determine, if the
attributes are accessibility supported, because it depends on the
individual setting of user agents.
Most less experienced users will not be able to say if it is or not.
Maybe we could provide the content of (aria-labelledby, aria-label) and
the title attribute in brackets to the user and add the assumption, that
these technologies should be supported, because this is a requirement in
UAAG 2.0 <http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG20/#def-programmatically-avail>.

Our highest level of assertor requirements
<https://www.w3.org/community/auto-wcag/wiki/Introduction_to_auto-wcag_test_design#Assertor_requirements_.28optional.29>
is "4. advanced understanding of HTML and WCAG". In my opinion this is
not enough to provide an estimation of the level of support by OS,
browser and assistive technology-combinations.

I just saw, that Shadi and Wilco worked on an Accessibility Support
Database (Unapproved Prototype)
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/accessibility-support/>. Maybe this can be used
in future to provide valid information.

Thanks for your input!